Information Systems Business Support
Hinzugefügt: 7th Februar, 2020Jetzt anwenden
Permanent, Full Time
Reporting to the Head of Information Systems the role would deliver all aspects of information support for the business
End user support, primarily maintained through a helpdesk, covering all areas of user interaction with the system. Prioritise and categorise incidents and requests, aid in diagnosis through a structured process of investigation and provide full incident closure details including root cause analysis. Support should always consider user productivity and offer secondary solutions whilst the primary issue exists.
Departmental support including monitoring and maintaining and updating general system infrastructure to ensure consistent high-quality availability and resilience of services for the company.
General support including, but not limited to, hardware and software procurement and deployment, phone systems maintenance and print capability across the business.
End User Support
- Support office and remote system users with hardware issues. Record issues, diagnose, fix, escalate or replace equipment as necessary.
- Support office and remote system users with software issues. Record issues, diagnose, fix, escalate as necessary
- Respond and resolve tickets raised within constraints of agreed SLAs.
- Ensure appropriate classification and association of tickets.
- Create solutions records to drive improved ticket response times.
- Apply root cause analysis to reported issues to deliver preventative proactive solutions.
- Produce reports for management identifying trends and helpdesk effectiveness.
Asset Register Maintenance
- Maintain asset register for all hardware and associations to location and users.
- Maintain warranty details for all appropriate equipment. Alert business to expiry and purchase re-warranty where necessary.
- Support office connectivity resolving LAN (including (WiFi) / WAN / VPN issues. Escalate where further support is required.
- Monitor server metrics, identify issues, fix or escalate as necessary.
- Monitor disaster recover / business continuity mechanisms. Identify issues, fix or escalate as necessary.
- Establish beneficial relationships with hardware suppliers.
- Procurement of hardware within budgetary limits.
- Record new equipment in asset register.
- Build and distribute new hardware to end users.
- Decommissioning and recycling of end of life hardware.
- Upgrade operating systems and user software when required.
- Monitor automated software distribution ensuring compliance across the server and end user estate. Identify issues, fix or escalate as required.
- Monitor current security tool state ensuring compliance across the server and end user estate. Identify issues, fix or escalate as required.
- Intrusion prevention and detection with effective gateway policies limiting the company’s exposure to external threats.
- Procurement of mobile phone handsets.
- Build and distribute mobile phone handsets.
- Establish relationships with contract suppliers ensuring cost effective printing solutions.
- Monitor printer states and availability for all users. Fix of escalate to third party support when necessary.
- Monitor consumable store, replenish, fit when required
- Server-side desk phone implementation and maintenance.
- Physical desk phone implementation and maintenance.
- Call management implementation.
- Assist with the implementation of reliable, resilient interfaces between key business systems.
- Assist with mechanisms to improve presence availability and visibility internally and externally.
- Assist with build, maintenance and distribution of mobile devices.
- Remote support of mobile devices in the field, assisting users where possible and advising on appropriate service usage.
- Promote user adoption and best practice with new and existing software and hardware.
- Author Standard Operating Procedure documents to support user processes
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by line manager or member of the Executive Team.
- User induction and training.
- Out of hours working may be necessary at times to ensure availability of systems.
- Microsoft O365 Environment
- Good communication skills
- Hardware maintenance / troubleshooting
- User Security
- Windows Server Architecture 2003 – 2016
- Azure Environment